iPSP is something truly awesome ... its (as the title says) an apple iphone portal for your PSP . And best thing is that - you dont need to have a downgraded PSP to use this. Yes this can run on any psp firmware above 2.71 . How cool is that ??? This application is a definite EYE CANDY !!! and it really does look like THE apple iphone (spare the touch screen) .
To use the iPSP portal you need to enable Flash on your PSP . Here’s how to do it :
FOR OFFICAL FIRMWARE USERS :
1) You need a psp with firmware 2.71 or above
2) Go to any place with WiFi – wireless internet ( coffee shops , airports , hotels , malls loads of places have WiFi offered for free ) and turn the WiFi switch on (WiFi switch is found at the left end of the PSP next to the Memory stick port)
FOR CUSTOM FIRMWARE USERS :
1) Go to recovery mode . Don’t know how ? see the video here
2) Next go to “Registry hacks” and click on “Activate Flash player”
3) That’s it your done , you don’t need Wifi or anything to activate it . Back and Exit .
iPSP INSTALLATION :
There is no chance of bricking your psp while installing it so don’t worry :)
1) Download the pack from here
2) Open it with WinRAR , if you don’t have WinRar download it from here . Connect your PSP to the PC via USB .
3) Open the pack with WinRAR and copy the “PSP” folder and “PSP TUNES” folder to the ROOT of the memory stick . IT will ask you whether it can overwrite just click on “YES”.
NOTE: the ROOT of the PSP is not the MP_ROOT it is Removable hardisk (H:\ , I:\ , J:\ etc) – the drive that pops up when you connect your PSP to the PC the place with “PSP” , “MP_ROOT” folders etc .
iPSP USERS GUIDE :
4) It will ask you if it can play the plugin - choose “YES” and there you go your very own iPSP . Turn your PSP vertically – use the analog stick as a cursor and X for choosing
NOTE : If you get memory errors just delete your cache .
To use PSP tunes and to customize your iPSP download the official manual from here (in pdf format)